Friday, February 17, 2012

By popular demand

By popular demand, I have been asked to put in detail how I made my beautiful rose wreath. (Thanks Emily!)
This wreath took hours upon hours to make but it is gorgeous!

I started by tracing and cutting out more than 150 circles in red and burgundy card stock. I did eight smaller circles on one sheet with a small glass, and then traced a solo cup for the larger ones. This is what the smaller ones look like
Then I cut along the circular lines to get this:
It doesn't have to be perfect, hence the not-staying-on-the-lines look.
Then you start rolling it towards the middle very tightly.
When you get to the middle, you squeeze it together.
See that area sticking out at the bottom? That's where you will put the hot glue to hold the rose together after you let it spring apart to look like this:
After it springs to life and you hot glue it together, you can spray-Spray adhesive onto the roses to help it hold its shape and it gets a little darker in color. I warn you, Spray Adhesive is super sticky and I ruined the binder I was using as a make shift desk :) 
After the spray adhesive dries (I gave it 2-3 minutes) can hot glue the roses to the wreath!
This is the pattern I chose to do and rotated the red and burgundy's.

After many, many, many hours you have this:
I absolutely love this wreath! So worth the time, paper cuts, and hot glue burns!
I will make more...just smaller ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment