Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl!

I'm sitting here watching the super bowl, my team is losing, and the commercials are disappointing. So I figured I'd catch everyone up on the past few weeks of my life. It's been pretty busy and pretty exciting...at least I like to think so. Have you ever needed a good excuse to get rid of a bottle of shaving cream? Well next time you find yourself in that situation, do this! I took my sensory tub for my toddler friends and filled it a little less than halfway with water. Then I put the shaving cream on top of the water. My toddlers LOVED it! My friends who normally don't like sensory things, stayed here for a good half hour laughing and keeping their hands in the "water". You are supposed to put food coloring in the water but I didn't have any that day and it didn't make a difference. We will be doing this again soon!
I babysat my little cousins the other day, which I loved! I have to start my "Things kids say to me" jar, since I was told a baby doll died from a dog bite. I had a lot of vinegar and baking soda in my cupboards, so I brought it with to make a volcano. I've done this before with my preschool friends a few years ago, and this was even better! Again, we could have used food coloring to add effect but it didn't matter. They got a kick out of especially when it looked like this:
For Christmas, my parents gave me tickets to see Lady Antebellum. A few weeks later my dad informed me that the seats were not actually seats, they were on the floor, next to the stage. I got a little more excited. The day of the concert, my friend Heather and I went to Olive Garden--slowly getting excited for the evening. When we got to the concert, I realized that Thompson Square and Darius Rucker were both opening for Lady A. I about fainted. I've been wanting to see Darius since Hootie and The Blowfish. When we walked onto the floor and got near the stage, its safe to say we were beyond excited!
Thompson Square opened first and they are just gorgeous.
My pictures of them turned out worse than the other ones. When they sang "Are you going to kiss me or not?" they had giant lips blown up.
THEN Hootie came on...greatest moment of my life!
Then he got closer...
Oh yes...so close!
Then Lady A came out.
In the words of Kris Jenner, it was "delicious".

A little thing happened to me this week where I am FINALLY credentialed as a Developmental Therapist!! It's pretty exciting. But I really need to celebrate it, thank goodness I can do that this coming weekend with great friends in Champaign!

I've made a few things this week, and of course they are all from Pinterest :)
The first was mini Snickers cheesecakes. It took two hours to make. All from scratch. I hate cooking and that totally showed me why. But I made them for a few colleagues of mine who had birthday's on the same day. Everyone loved them, but I'm not doing that again. It's the taste that matters, not the look....

For the super bowl, I made brownies with Diet Coke. You take the brownie mix and the diet coke,

Mix them together...no eggs, no oil, and bake like normal. I thought they tasted nasty but everyone else seems to think they are good.
I've also made my lunches for the next three days. Salads in a mason jar. You put the salad dressing on the bottom, then the vegetables, then cheese, then salad. If you keep salad in a mason jar, it stays fresh up to 10 days. So tomorrow I can shake it and eat, or just pour into a bowl and eat! We will see tomorrow if it works.
I made a rose wreath too. I've been working on this one for a long time and I finally finished it. There are paper roses all over the wreath that I made. I think it looks awesome.
Well that's about all for now. My team just won the super bowl! Thank the good lord! Go Eli!

No comments:

Post a Comment